Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Iceland Day Two: Nature.

The Steffansons so graciously took me out on one of the most gorgeous sight-seeing trips I've had in my life.

 Unlike anything I have ever seen, these locations are where the elves were roaming, the Vikings would live and even where the border of North America meets the border of Europe.


T H I N G V E L L I R 

Where North America and Europe are separated by tectonic plates.









(Old Viking houses!)









(Drinking the purest water in the world from the waterfall. Centuries ago, they threw women into this river as a punishment of Witchcraft. Therefore the remains of witch blood probably is in this water. Which explains why Harry Potter is my baby daddy.)



G E Y S I R

Hot springs in the earth ya'll. Boiling water spewing from the earth, reaching temperatures of 175-215 degrees FAIRENHEIT! 






Just. Steaming.

A L M A N N A G J Á

Also known as "every man creek". 
A stunning wishing creek with coins that look like buried treasure and the purest glacier water.




And our last stop: 



G U L L F L O S S 

The Golden Falls, Iceland's most famous double waterfall. I've never seen anything so beautiful. 







Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment