Saturday, April 5, 2014

Iceland day six: BLUE LA-FREAKIN-GOON

Today was astonishing. 

It began with a trip to the Reykjavik flea market! Full of deals, bargains and your everyday dried fish and shark market by the food court! 






After a fun stroll and a few more Pylsurs (hotdogs), a dream of mine came true. I went to the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa located in a lava field. 





The lagoon was hot like a jacuzzi, and located at every corner of the lava rocks were buckets of sand that had the texture of clay, where you were encouraged to use as face masks. 

This clay was like a damn Icelandic troll had given me magical sand to rid my face of any blemishes and blackheads. In 10 minutes my face felt cleaner than it's ever felt in my life. I was in heaven. 

The water here is known to be incredible for your skin, rich with minerals like silica and sulfur. Baby's ass smooth my skin was. I have never felt more at peace, just lying in the earth's natural gift to humans and enjoying the warmth of the water.









After the magical few hours, the girls and I ate some dinner and had hot cocoa. We took the 45 minute bus ride back home and had a nice movie night at the Steffanson's humble abode.

Pajamas, popcorn, hot tea with honey, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to end our night. Ahh, life! 




Good night from Reykjavik from me and Köttur!






No comments:

Post a Comment