Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dia de Amor.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Yes, love makes the world go 'round. Well, at least in my world.


And yes, parts of me wish every day could be celebrated like Christmas, with family, and friends and Whoville all day. But a big chunk of me wants Valentine's day to be an everyday occurrence.

I love that there's a day dedicated to showing affection and communicating your love to whomever that may be. A girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, relative, or child. I always loved giving out Valentine's at school, where you would have a box, or a bag and race to see who could drop theirs off the quickest or who got the most from certain friends or crushes. Damnit, I even love those Mickey and Minnie Mouse heart shaped lollipops that I think have been discontinued.

Appreciation and communicating your love for someone goes a long way in my book. And I strive hard to try and make each day a Valentine's day for someone. A simple gesture, an everyday "I love you" to my mom, or my closest friends, and letting my special someone know that he's important to me and that I appreciate him.

Cheesy ass stuff right? I like cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment