Saturday, October 2, 2010

As days go by, it's the bigger love of the family.

It's a rare condition, this day and age,
to read any good news on the newspaper page.
Love and tradition of the grand design,
some people say it's even harder to find.

Gotta love me some Family Matters.

Here goes my big adventure. I am sitting in the Chicago O’Hare International Airport, waiting for my connecting flight to New York City. The area surrounding the airport is breathtaking; the colors surrounding are various shades of gray, brown, and olive greens. Chicago seems to be painted over with a layer of film, making everything feel a bit more vintage and hip. Although the Big Apple awaits, I like being here for the hour that I have.

I was able to spend Thursday night with Willie, and see his opening night of Sonnets for an Old Century. I was so thankful that I was able to see it and support him. I got my mom, lisa, and Namphuong to surprise him and come see opening night as well.

The show was vibrant, in all aspects. The text was illustrated beautifully by the actors, and of course, Willie did an amazing job. It was nice to see him in his element on stage. In my two last productions at Cal State Fullerton, (Miss Saigon and Romeo and Juliet) we were cast in the same productions, therefore being in the audience to support one another wasn’t in the cards. However, we were able to be there throughout all rehearsals and runs of the show, in which we both had our biggest leading roles. During “Sonnets” however, I was able to just be the girlfriend who wanted to support her boyfriend in his show. Girlfriend role aside, and student/artists eyes looking in, I enjoyed the show thoroughly and I’m sad that I only get to catch it once. :(

Saying good-bye is hard, and I hate doing it. Although three weeks is not very long, the distance can be agonizing when I need him. But I know it's doable. It just sucks.

This new adventure that I’m diving head first into is a scary place for me, but I’m learning to not be afraid. Surprisingly, I didn’t cry when I left Fullerton, nor did I cry when I left San Diego. I just know that this tour is going to be such a learning experience is SO many ways. Welp, gotta board the plane!



No comments:

Post a Comment