Wednesday, September 22, 2010

try a little tenderness.


San Diego = rest.

I've been spending time at home, reading and watching a lot of TV. I have less than two weeks left here in the golden state and I'm trying to do as much as I can before I leave. I have a lot of paper work to process for next semester's school year, as well as paper work for the tour.

A new book that I'm exploring is "The Four Loves" by C.S. Lewis. I'm enjoying it thus far, although it takes incredible focus. Lewis bounces various terms around that get a little confusing and I just want to be able to grasp each form of love that he describes. A man at a bookstore recommended it when I was looking through some C.S. Lewis things. I'm juggling a few novels right now which include Huxley's Brave New World and HP & Deathly Hallows, both of which aren't my first time reads but my mind is slowly forgetting them so I wanted to remind myself of why I loved these books.

I feel like that's what we often do with things as well as relationships. Sometimes, you absolutely fall in love with them and once the high of finishing a good book is over, not that you love it any less, but you forget how much you love it until something sparks that love again. Like friendships or intimate relationships. You get used to a person, or forget what a wonderful person he/she is until something sparks your interest again and you remember why you are so incredibly blessed to have a certain person in your life. Do you ever feel this way? Whoever you might be reading this? Is that wierd?

It is a nice Wednesday out. I went to Michael's to find a few things that I need. I was so overwhelmed by all of the Halloween shit that was suffocating the aisles. I'll be in Fullerton/San Diego for the week of Halloween, so I feel like maybe I should have a costume prepared. I wanted a full on Ewok costume, but unfortunately they only sell that ish for infants and Lord knows my baby-makin' hips won't squeeze into anything that teeny.

Well. I suppose I should take off now. Until then.




2 comments:

  1. It's interesting that someone suggested that book to you out of all the C.S. Lewis books. What do you think so far?

    And yes, I think your analogy of rereading books to relationships is spot on for some relationships. I like this, "..until something sparks your interest again.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly. The book is really great. I'm about halfway. Have you read it yet?

    ReplyDelete