Saturday, September 18, 2010

"just that simple."

Pictured here is Lauren and I enjoying Sherbert a few months ago. Such a delightful and therapeutic treat.

Lauren and I spent a great Friday & Saturday afternoon together. We went to the Asian Pacific Islander Voter Rally. It was definitely fun, and bomb to see Beau Sia and Quest Krew. Oh, and Lisa Ling was the emcee! Of course, Lauren and I were freaking OUT. But it was extremely satisfying to support a great cause and spend time with my friends doing so.

Afterwards, Lauren and I spent about 5 hours talking about life. Which, I always enjoy doing with Lauren because our bubble-flow-chart type ways of communicating steps and our thought processes are thee BEST! Seriously, talked until the sun came up; addressing issues that we hated, loved, and was curious about. Talked about new news, old news, and giggled like twelve year old girlies. Some of my most cherished moments with my friends have got to be moments like that. I really appreciate when I can talk about any and everything and have someone return their advice, opinions and views or whatnot. It put a lot of my own views into my own perspective, because I now wonder, what is really important to me?

Then she and I had a music rehearsal in the afternoon in Downtown LA. Now I'm in Fullerton. I'm watching Willie and Nick battle in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Some funny shit. But I am enjoying the weekend thus far. I look forward to the next couple of weeks, not having to work. However, leaving my apartment this morning with it almost empty was kinda sad. Darby calls me the "long lost roommate", being that I'm really never home. Tis truth.

Welp, until next time.

Here Lauren:
"Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." Song of Songs 8:4


No comments:

Post a Comment