Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I haven't blogged in an entire year and three days. I should become a little bit more committed to this, for no exact reason. Whatevaaaaah.

How life has changed for me within the year?

In a nutshell: I have turned 21, was Kim in Miss Saigon, traveled to New York City (twice), graduated college, and moved to LA. Big, grownup, life sized steps.

I still work at Starbucks, although now at a new store in the middle of Koreatown, USA. This month marks the 5th year of my commitment to the company. Holler at the veteran.

Life in the past two months has been fast, fast, fast, fast, fast, and faster. I didn't realize that it would be like this, and I didn't think I could handle life at this magnitude, but I think I'm just about ready. A month ago, I signed with an agent and I recently got hired to be on the tour of 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' as a female swing in the ensemble. This is incredible. I am beyond elated, and feel incredibly blessed to get to do this tour. I leave to New York to rehearse sometime in mid-september, and begin my travels in October. By then, I'm assuming my travels will be logged more often via blog. But, yes. I am in a good place in my life. Somewhere I never expected to be, but overjoyed. Just gotta keep the eye on the prize.

I recently looked through some pictures of me in the past. Oh, junior through senior year of high school maybe? And for some reason, something made me want to look like that again. Maybe some identity issues or just because I'm bored and I was a little bolder back then. So I re-pierced my nose and cut off a large portion of my hair. I feel better. Inside. I don't know, and I won't be able to fully explain why but it just hella makes me feel better.

Willie will be coming home soon. I cannot wait. I have waited two and a half months for him to return! Although, I did successfully have an impromptu trip up to Westminister Woods a few weeks ago. STILL! We conquered another summer away from each other. Like my sister-in-law says, "what we do for amour." Truly. What we do for it. It's crazy, but to me, it makes perfect sense. I'm crazy about that guy. Simply crazy. But I will save that for another blog. :)

I had a very great conversation with my roommate Vanessa this evening. I feed off of deep talks like the one I had earlier. We bonded about life, dreams, and marriage. Girl talk, 101 -- straight up Clueless status. I loved every morsel of what we talked about. And how we grunted and sighed over love, and the idea of perfection in our minds. We screamed at fate because it's real and it likes to fuck with us so badly! We then got real, and talked about what makes us happy. At 21 years old, many things makes me "happy". But to think about huge scaled, lifelong happiness, I had to dig deep and pinpoint it. I think it's so interesting how every person has their own definition of happiness. Even if happiness doesn't mean one single goal, or dream, but can mean achieving a lifetime of goals, or just one. I'm not sure what my ultimate lifetime goal is. But I do know many goals I do want to achieve by a certain age and many of those things seem like they would truly make me happy. But who knows what the future has in store for me.

After 8 hours of work though, what's in store for me is some damn sleep.

Cheers. To happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment