Saturday, March 16, 2013

WEE!

 In past years, I normally have an accountant that handles all of my finances. My mom and I normally just walk into an office, give him our paper work, and hope to get a good refund in a few weeks.

This year, I decided to take matters in my own hands. I collected receipts from last year, worked on all my bank statements for about a month, and today I decided to do my damn taxes. I got onto Turbo Tax, sat there and diligently made sure no mistakes were made, and I finished.


I filed my own taxes. 


You know that first time you have your driver's license, and you take a drive and you feel the rush of adulthood swoosh right into your face? That's the moment I had today. I've been paying my own bills, living by myself for a year, and today, I did my own damned taxes!


Proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment