Sunday, August 5, 2012

Florida.

There are some memories I am always going to cherish in my life. This remarkable trip to Florida has really made me feel more like an adult than I've ever felt before. But in the same vein, I was able to open my mind and heart and think freely like a child again.

Adulthood came quickly as I learned the value of being a role model for my 5-year-old niece, Megan. Everywhere I went, she was right beside me. And there was one night, I babysat two 5-year-olds, an 8 yr old, and a 2 year old. It was hard work. But came more naturally than it ever has. Also, I was able to talk to my older brothers with much more peer-like conversations than before too. I didn't feel like the little sister who had to be monitored. I felt responsible; more involved and apart of the social circle of the adults rather than the kids. And that transition is odd. But....kinda cool.

Childlike in a way where I appreciates nature, trees, water and rain. The rain was beautiful and the openness of the environment made me just feel relaxed and worry-free of life. I felt naive to the open land, unconcerned to whether I'd get sick (which I did, and terribly) but more concerned about if I got a whiff of the sandy beach or the amazing thunderstorms.

I woke up during this vacation. In a way in which I needed desperately.
It is one that is setting another stone down on the pathway that leads to me understanding my life a little more. And coming to terms with guiding it a bit differently than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment